[luatex] require and load_Lua

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Mar 24 23:48:43 CET 2009

Hi,

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:
>> indeed, it's a macro package issue as each package might have its own
>> strategy
>>
> I was expecting this answer. Thanks for confirming.

Well, I think Manuel has a valid point. When kpathsea is initialized
anyway, which is either when kpse.set_program_name() has been called
by the user in a texlua script or in the --lua ini file, or when
actual typesetting is being done and kpathsea has not explicitly
been disabled via texconfig.kpse_init=false, then I see no reason
*not* to use kpathsea as one of the package loaders.

Perhaps package.loaders will need redefinition anyway, but I assume
it would be a useful addition to have on by default, especially in
standalone scripts.

Best wishes,
Taco