[luatex] Luatex primitive names

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Wed Mar 11 14:46:41 CET 2009

Am Tue, 10 Mar 2009 20:04:06 +0100 schrieb Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard:

> Sorry but I don't agree. Detecting the version (if a convenient mechanism is
> available) costs essentially nothing and can make things simpler for users,
> which is always important, even in beta stage, IMHO.

That reminds me that some days ago I look for some informations
about the cost involved in extending the license for the virus
programm I got together with my new PC.

The link "How do I find my version?" lead to the following advice:

"1 Start your XYZ product.
2 On the main product window, look for the product name.

In XYZ 360 2.0, the product name will be displayed at the top-left
corner, and you can find Help & Support on top-right corner.

For example, the latest version of XYZ 360 2.0 looks like the one
below:

If your XYZ 360 looks like the one below, then you have XYZ 360 1.0:

In XYZ 2009 products, the product name will be displayed at the
top-left corner.

For example, this is XYZ Internet Security 2009:

...."

Putting a product and version info in the help menu like any other
decent application was obviously to difficult.

--
Ulrike Fischer