[luatex] Luatex primitive names

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Wed Mar 11 11:48:18 CET 2009

Am Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:05:24 +0100 schrieb Norbert Preining:

>>> we don't care about < 0.40 and macro package support before 0.40
>>
>> LuaTeX 0.25 is part of TL 2008, thus it will be significantly present
>> some time, probably years, if not decades.
>
> explicite statement that luatex is not stable, not even close to be
> stable in any way. How many users are playing around currently with
> luatex? Probably only context people and some others, but none of them
> is a "plain-normal-TeX-user".

You should look e.g. at the discussions at the french group. The
curiosity is there and in my opinion it will grow fast.

One should also not forget, that as luatex is now part of TeXLive
Luatex is now usable with LaTeX, and LaTeX makes it much more easier
to play around with luatex and to have some fun with it. There are a
lot of people around which are able to write small packages or
pieces of code which use the new features.

--
Ulrike Fischer