[luatex] Luatex primitive names

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Mar 11 11:06:30 CET 2009

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:

> Taco Hoekwater a écrit :
>>> Well, I'm also for exposing only \directlua if there is a variable like
>>> tex.luatexversion (or lua.luatexversion or whatever).
>> There is the variable tex.luatexversion; its current value is 35.
>>
> Ok, great. I didn't find it at once in the manual. (Section 4.1.8 "last item
> commands" does not seem such a natural place for it, IMO).

page 7 mentions the version primitives, and a few pages later is
explained that internal quantities are exposed in the tex namespace; the
rest is explained where it makes most sense

also, i assume that in latex package writers have some helper command
that tells them the version (after all, once all primitives are prefixed
  by say 'privateluatex' or so those are the ones to be used in which
case a latex dev manual has to be consulted so in fact the testing code
has only to be written once

i'm not saying that the manual is perfect but mixing tex and lua
sections will not help readability

ok, an index is missing but we will start with that after 0.50