[luatex] Luatex primitive names

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed Mar 11 01:27:56 CET 2009

Karl Berry a écrit :
> Taco (or anyone) -- is there some simple Lua function which returns some
> engine identification?
>
> I'm thinking of something like
> \directlua{tex.engine_ident()}  (sorry, wrong syntax, I know),
> which both luatex and xetex could implement.

Hum, there is currently no \directlua in XeTeX. I mentioned it only as a
possibility in the future, since I think it is important that engine+version
identification be stable in time.

> (I concur with the opinions of only exposing \directlua.)

Well, I'm also for exposing only \directlua if there is a variable like
tex.luatexversion (or lua.luatexversion or whatever).

Manuel.