[luatex] Luatex primitive names

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Tue Mar 10 19:57:33 CET 2009

Hans Hagen a écrit :
>>   Sure enough.  I guess we could rule that \directlua per se
>> characterizes LuaTeX well enough, and that XeTeX, or any other
>
> also, one can test for \XeTeXversion first

Sure. But only because XeTeX provides a simple, immuable and unambiguous way of
identification. My whole point is that every engine should provide such a
mechanism, and the more coherent choice IMO is a \<engine-name>version primitive.

It costs essentially nothing, and avoids a lot of possible problems, now and in
the future.

Manuel.