[luatex] more package names...

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 13:48:15 CET 2009

On 2009-03-09 20:42:24 +1030, Elie Roux
<elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu> said:

> I'm going to split the current luainputenc between two packages: the
> one only for backward compatibility, that will be called by inputenc
> and use a fake utf8, and another one that really translates different
> encodings into a true utf8. The second will certainly have some macros
> like XeTeX has, to change the encoding in different files.
>
> I can't find good names for those two packages, as I think we should
> keep a parallel with XeTeX... What do you think about
>
> luainputenc for the first
> luaencodings for the second
>
> luainputenccompat for the first
> luainputenc for the second
>
> ?

I don't know enough about the situation, sorry. Seems like the second
makes a little more sense to me but...I'm not really sure.

> Also for the package containing LuaTeX configuration (like the name of
> the distrib and some file names), would luatexconfig be ok, or is
> luaconfig better? It will be automatically loaded by luatextra.

Do you mean my file luatexconfig.tex? That won't be input by luatextra,
it will be loaded by the (pdf)lualatex.ini file when the formats are
generated. I just chose luatexconfig.tex as a name because of
pdftexconfig.tex.

Cheers,
Will