[luatex] macros to invoke lua in LaTeX

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Fri Mar 6 13:25:20 CET 2009

Hans Hagen wrote:
 >> (Also just because one thing you want needs LuaTeX doesn't mean that
>> everything else will have been re-written as well.)
>
> believe me ... if you really want to use luatex you'll have to rewrite
> lots of code

I don't see this (at least for LaTeX).  If I'm using a lot of big
packages (say komascript, hyperref, pgf, mhchem, ...), then most of the
code is not about to be re-written. So even if some new package uses
quite a lot of Lua (say a LuaTeX equivalent of fontspec + microtype),
most of the code I'm relying on is still TeX-based.
--
Joseph Wright