[luatex] macros to invoke lua in LaTeX

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Thu Mar 5 16:02:31 CET 2009

Am Thu, 05 Mar 2009 15:45:04 +0100 schrieb Taco Hoekwater:

>> Naturally luatex can add new primitives (and should do it) like
>> pdftex has done it. And you will never be able to avoid that such a
>> new primitive clash somehow. But nevertheless I think it would be
>> very useful if the names of the primitives would use an uniform
>> prefix -- even more as luatex is not stable and new primitives can
>> arise or disappear again. Prefixes like \pdf of pdftex and \XeTeX of
>> xetex create a simple namespace and enable package writers to avoid
>> _future_ conflicts with new primitives simply by not using the
>> prefix.
>
> You do realise that you are argueing for the creation of
>
>   \XeTeXsuppressfontnotfounderror
> and
>   \LuaTeXsuppressfontnotfounderror
>
> instead of just the single new primitive \suppressfontnotfounderror
> that Jonathan and I came up with and implemented?

You could use \uniTeX as prefix for commands that affects both
"unicode" engines ;-). But a bit more serious: I do understand that
it will probably not possible to get a completly strict and
consistent naming scheme. But an imperfect naming scheme is in my
opinion better than none at all.

--
Ulrike Fischer