[luatex] lualatex fails with fontfile named in utf8

Dohyun Kim nomosnomos at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 05:33:35 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am using latest trunk version of luatex engine.
If I try to load a fontfile whose name is in utf8, say "나눔고딕.ttf",
lualatex fails in loading the font. Here is a simple tex code just for testing:

\documentclass{minimal}
\DeclareFontShape{OT1}{cmr}{m}{n}{<->나눔고딕}{}
\begin{document}
test.
\end{document}

Upon processing the code with lualatex, I get an error message
with unreadable borken characters:

! Font \OT1/cmr/m/n/10=나눔고딕 at 10pt not loadable: metric data
not found or bad.

Correcnt error message should be

! Font \OT1/cmr/m/n/10=나눔고딕 at 10pt not loadable: metric data not found or bad.

No problem with plaintex or context; Only latex fails.
Until several days ago, I have never encounterd a problem
with this utf8-named fontfile.  Maybe this could be related to
recently committed patch on utf8 filename.

Best regards,
Dohyun Kim