[luatex] tounicode issue while using cid-keyed fonts

Dohyun Kim nomosnomos at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 00:22:19 CEST 2009

2009/7/14 Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com>:

> Dohyun Kim wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have encounterd tounicode problem while using cid-keyed opentype fonts.
>
>> After processing a test file as follows, I get a pdf with wrong tounicode data
>> (U+FFFD instead U+3002).
>>
>>   \starttext
>>   \definedfont[file:KozMinProVI-Regular:mode=node;+vrt2]
>>   ^^^^3002
>>   \stoptext
>>
>> The Japanese font, KozMinProVI-Regular.otf, can be downloaded from
>> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/acrrasianfontpack.html .
>
> It seems to work OK for me. The revelant bit of the generated
> pdf document (<027B> is the glyph index in the otf file):
>
> 24 0 obj <<
> /Length 702
>>>
> stream
> %!PS-Adobe-3.0 Resource-CMap
> 1 beginbfchar
> <027B> <3002>
> endbfchar
>
> Perhaps you are missing the cidmap file (adobe-japan1-6.cidmap) ?

Thank you for testing.
However, my result is different from yours. mine is:

%!PS-Adobe-3.0 Resource-CMap
1 beginbfchar
<1ED0> <FFFD>
endbfchar

In your result, <027B> is glyph index of U+3002 itself.
<1ED0> in my result is glyph index of "vrt2" substitution of U+3002.
It seems that in your case, vrt2 gsub feature has not been in operation.

Best,
Dohyun Kim