[luatex] tounicode issue while using cid-keyed fonts

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Jul 14 15:07:23 CEST 2009

Dohyun Kim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have encounterd tounicode problem while using cid-keyed opentype fonts.

> After processing a test file as follows, I get a pdf with wrong tounicode data
> (U+FFFD instead U+3002).
>
>   \starttext
>   \definedfont[file:KozMinProVI-Regular:mode=node;+vrt2]
>   ^^^^3002
>   \stoptext
>
> The Japanese font, KozMinProVI-Regular.otf, can be downloaded from
> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/acrrasianfontpack.html .

It seems to work OK for me. The revelant bit of the generated
pdf document (<027B> is the glyph index in the otf file):

24 0 obj <<
/Length 702

stream
%!PS-Adobe-3.0 Resource-CMap
1 beginbfchar
<027B> <3002>
endbfchar

Perhaps you are missing the cidmap file (adobe-japan1-6.cidmap) ?

Best wishes,
Taco.