[luatex] tounicode issue while using cid-keyed fonts

Dohyun Kim nomosnomos at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 14:37:42 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have encounterd tounicode problem while using cid-keyed opentype fonts.
After processing a test file as follows, I get a pdf with wrong tounicode data
(U+FFFD instead U+3002).

  \starttext
  \definedfont[file:KozMinProVI-Regular:mode=node;+vrt2]
  ^^^^3002
  \stoptext

The Japanese font, KozMinProVI-Regular.otf, can be downloaded from
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/acrrasianfontpack.html .

In this cid-keyed font, the vrt2 variant of U+3002 has "Japan1.7888"
as its glyph name.  Again, in adobe-japan1-6.cidmap,
unicode name of cid value "7888" is defined as "/uni3002.vert".
such that I guess it would not be difficult to get the correct tounicode value.

Regards,
Dohyun Kim