[luatex] [Dev-luatex] Q: Can LuaTeX produce xdv?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Jan 11 20:48:33 CET 2009

Jonathan Fine wrote:
> Hello
>
> My thanks to all who have contributed to this thread.  However, I've
> found the discussion less productive and more time-consuming than I
> would have wished for.

i have no clue how to read this unless you mean "i'd expected th eteam
to implement my wishes right away without proper arguments etc"

> Because of this, I have decided to drop the matter for at least a month.

well, since luatex is far from finished, and since the backend issue
will handled later this year (or later) it might be that the evolving
api might solve your problems; as taco already explained, dvi is pretty
low on out agenda

right now quite some effort goes into sorting out directional issues
(bugs, conceptual issues) in the backend and both dvi and pdf are taken
care of so that might be an indication that dvi is somehow still on our
retina

> I know that this leaves messages from Arthur R. and Martin S. to this
> list, and specifically addressed to me, unanswered.  If they, or anyone
> else, is unhappy with my decision please would they communicate with me
> off-list.

puzzled ... but anyhow, this discussion is now closed on this list.