[luatex] multiple callbacks

Elie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Sun Jan 4 22:12:34 CET 2009

Hans Hagen a écrit :
> since there are multiple (conceptually different) solutions there will
> be no 'integrated solution' (we would end up with
> callback-variant-1.tex, callbacks-variant-2.tex etc).

I don't really understand why... if you say now "we have an integrated
solution, here it is, now use callback.add instead of callback.register
with this file", what's the problem?

> what you can best do is to make a style file (say that you target at
> latex) that then can be loaded first and it's functionality becomes
> available to other styles
>
> a comparable situation happened with pdftex: in order to let latex
> work well with pdftex, at some point hyperef showed up which had all
> the functionality needed; for xetex somethign similar is the case; i
> think that heiko made some code for latex already (dealing with
> colors) so callback handlers (in latex) should cooperate well with
> that too
>
> so, what you can best do is make something similar for latex, and its
> natural place would then be under tex/latex/luatex or so; as long as
> names of such styles are not conflicting it's ok; then, when someone
> else makes a style, you can try to convince the author to build upon
> the same mechanisms

Again there is something I don't understand... isn't it only a Lua
problem? There are certainly issues I don't see here...
--
Elie