[luatex] multiple callbacks

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Jan 4 16:21:53 CET 2009

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Hans Hagen wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm not defending this option strongly, but I think it's a simple
>>> one, and I think it would work.
>>>
>>> What do you think about that?
>>
>> the proeblem with such solutions is that even then style developers
>> would run into problems due to priorities; also, it add overhead and
>> complications that we'd like to avoid (one would need remove code etc
>> too)
>
> That is exactly what Elie said.

sure, but hardcoding a multiple handler in the luatex kernel does not
solve that problem since one still needs to agree on the order and
priorities then; therefore a solution in lua code (in the macro package)
can provide a similar solution; for context we have such a wrapper
(prioritizer) already [currently rather interwoven] and i suppose that
one can write for latex etc; but the most important aspect is that for a
specific macro package the style writers agree on some order (luatex
cannot solve that for you)