[luatex] lua-inputenc

Javier Múgica javier at digi21.eu
Mon Feb 23 10:28:40 CET 2009

>\tableofcontents
>\section{äöü\protect ä \protect ü}
>This doesn't work
>This means that you can't process documents which writes external
>files in "verbatim mode"

You are right. But you can either use a callback for writting (if it
is possible) or, which I think better, simply write the
push-register-pop of process_input_buffer which I proposed to the
file, but now registering a callback that does nothing:

\directlua0{myfile_previous_pibuffer=callback.find('process_input_buffer')}
callback.register('process_input_buffer',nil)

<the file contents>

\directlua0{callback.register('process_input_buffer',mypackage_previous_pibuffer)}

In the main file you would either still include the

callback.register('process_input_buffer',
function(buffer)
  return string.gsub(buffer,"(.)",byte_to_utf8)
end)

or save it with utf-8 encoding.

--Javier A.