[luatex] lua-inputenc

listas at tex-tipografia.com listas at tex-tipografia.com
Fri Feb 20 17:16:06 CET 2009

Hola, tocayo:

> As for the output encoding (i.e., the font), while we still use
> 256-char limited .tfm files,
> characters still need to be active.

I don't think so. My first attempts for a lua-fontenc are
based in a callback which can combine in on the fly fonts
of the same family in a "Unicode" font -- combining T1 and
TS1 can be done very straightforwardly, but no doubt other
configurations can be set up easily.

Several years ago, I had to write some code for Omega (for
a firm specialized in technical documentation) and this
approach worked pretty well without requiring active chars.
The fonts were built with a external utility I wrote in
Python, but now that can be done inside LuaTeX. My goal
was to implement this approach in the lua-fontenc and in
fact I posted some code a few months ago to lua-dev.

Chao
Javier