[luatex] tounicode problem when gsub feature applied

Dohyun Kim nomosnomos at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 06:53:45 CET 2009

Hi, Taco and Hans,

As promised, I hereby attach a small test file
for testing tounicode object when GSUB feature is applied.

I compiled this file with latest luatex binary (rev. 1867) and latest
context beta (2009.02.09).

Font used in this file is UnBatang.ttf, available at
http://kldp.net/frs/download.php/4695/un-fonts-core-1.0.2-080608.tar.gz .
This font has GSUB tables to be used for representing medieval Korean
characters.

Original unicode hex points of test string is :
1112 119E 11AB 1100 1173 11AF
which are all from Hangul conjoining Jamo area (U+1100..U+11FF).

However, when I issue a command "pdftotext test.pdf -"
the resulting code is completely weird and beyond BMP:
F0096 F0333 F0551 F0084 F0308 F0555
which should be the same as original text code in the tex file.

Best,
Dohyun Kim