[luatex] lua-inputenc

Elie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Mon Feb 16 14:13:29 CET 2009

Ulrike Fischer a écrit :
> You could try to write some code so that luatex understands emacs
> comments about the coding:
>
> % -*-coding: utf-8 -*-
>
> And some code that add such a line to every file luatex writes.
>
> Then luatex could use the coding of the comment, and some default
> coding from lua-inputenc for all files without such a line.

Basically there are two solutions: making LuaTeX write in latin1 (or
LICR maybe, it would be the most logical), or guessing (with your
solution for example) the encoding of the file, and the convert from
utf8 to latin1 and then to utf8 again...

I still think the first solution is the best, as the behaviour is much
more similar to the old TeX.
--
Elie