[luatex] plain LuaTeX

Elie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Tue Feb 10 12:08:31 CET 2009

Robin Fairbairns a écrit :
> a plain luatex *has* to have non-knuth stuff in it.  if you don't want
> to use it, on that basis, you might find it good to give up on luatex,
> now.  (i hope you don't, as i have no doubt your expertise will be
> helpful to the world at large; but if you decide to go, there's nothing
> any of us can, or want to, do.)

I agree. I don't understand at all why people would want to do
\attributedef\myattribute = 545 and to take the risk that other people
take the same number instead of \newattribute\myattribute, \newattribute
is a necessity in a format (or to take another vocabulary, it is
neccesary to have it when you call 'luatex' on a document).
--
Elie