[luatex] LuaTeX + LaTeX

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Feb 4 00:52:15 CET 2009

Thanks for moving this forward, Elie (and Arthur).

    Kark Berry can integrate a style (like a style for LuaTeX) in the
    LaTeX format of TeXLive, so we don't have to worry about that.

That is, we can make the "(pdf)lualatex" format load additional packages
-- we can do anything we want there, since compatibility does not arise.
I hope that such packages would be designed, insofar as its possible, to
eventually be included in the LaTeX kernel (else they shouldn't be in a
format at all).  I don't mean the implementation of them, which is
surely impossible at this point, but the functionality.