[luatex] using (pdf)lualatex

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Mon Feb 2 11:40:40 CET 2009

> The latex-l list doesn't seem apropriate to have these discussions. I know
> LuaTeX developers are the same as ConTeXt developers, but would it be
> possible to discuss of LuaTeX+LaTeX on this list?

  Of course, this is exactly the point of this list.  Macro writers who
write for LuaTeX are, in a sense, LuaTeX users, and it would be a waste
to create a third list for matters related specifically to LuaTeX + LaTeX;
that would just scatter information unnecessarily.

  The fact that the LuaTeX core developers are the same as the ConTeXt
core developers is not relevant here.  It explains why some purely
LuaTeX issues are discussed on the ConTeXt user list, but that's a side
effect, not the intent (and obviously, we're not going to blame the
people who discuss LuaTeX there either, we just have the discussion).

	Arthur