[luatex] Problem with mplib format in Lua script

Nicola nvitacolonna at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 22:17:32 CET 2009

In article
<fe8d59da0912201132i38643a9ble7cd5f545b184f24 at mail.gmail.com>,
 luigi scarso <luigi.scarso at gmail.com>
 wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 7:11 PM, Nicola
> <nvitacolonna at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > One more thing: to generate a pdf file from the given figure(s), should
> > I call an external program, such as mptopdf? I see that mplib outputs
> > Postscript and SVG and the pdf library does not seem to suit this
> > purpose (but maybe I'm wrong).
>
> Sorry, maybe I  don't understand you question, but
>
> luatex  = pdftex + metapost
>
> So it should be  possible to use luatex as mpost interpreter that
> output pdf direclty.

Correct, but my question is more about lua + mplib (I use 'luatex' as an
interpreter instead of 'lua' just for convenience, as it already
includes the relevant libraries). Let's say I'm exploring the
possibility of generating MetaPost code programmatically and
interactively using Lua scripts.

> See for example
> texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/luatex

That is certainly worth a look.