[luatex] Problem with mplib format in Lua script

Nicola nvitacolonna at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 19:11:17 CET 2009

In article <4B2E5B99.9080208 at elvenkind.com>,
 Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> wrote:

> keeping mem files up-to-date is a bit of a pain, especially for the
> embedded version of the library, so I would suggest not using them at
> all (plain.mp is tiny anyway).
>
> Just set ini_version to true always and start with an
>
>    mp:execute("input plain")

Thank you! That's something I couldn't have figured out myself. Now it
makes sense to me why ini_version is true by default.

One more thing: to generate a pdf file from the given figure(s), should
I call an external program, such as mptopdf? I see that mplib outputs
Postscript and SVG and the pdf library does not seem to suit this
purpose (but maybe I'm wrong).

Nicola