[luatex] compiling luatex on windows

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Fri Aug 7 08:13:22 CEST 2009

Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> writes:

> Patrick Gundlach wrote:

>> is there any instruction on how to compile luatex for windows? What
>> software do I need?

> Mingw (& MSYS) should work out of the box (or at least almost, problems
> should be trivial to solve) as that is what I use for cross-compiling.

Now I report back. Thanks to all who have answered. I use windows XP,
MinGW 5.4,  MSys 1.0.11, the subversion client from the 'official' site.
Msys warned me about the a broken "make" in mingw, but said somehting
like "i can't find make.exe - that's good". Using the standard build.sh
script works fine.

I don't use --parallel, but I don't need that for now.

So again, thanks!

Patrick