[luatex] ini files for TL 2009

Elie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Sun Apr 19 15:53:40 CEST 2009

Ulrike Fischer a écrit :
> A lot of packages make a lot of efforts to detect the engine and the
> output mode to allow you to process your documents with various
> engines without changing them. And there are packages like ifpdf,
> ifluatex, ifxetex to help to write document which can be used with
> various engines. So it seems a bit nonsensical to load a restricting
> package like dvioutput and I will certainly never do it.

I think I don't really understand what you mean... I won't use dvioutput
neither, as I don't use dvi output... but we're talking about people
wanting a dvi output instead of the default pdf.

>  After all
> there are cases e.g. when using pst-pdf where you want to process a
> document in both modes.

What do you mean processing a document in both modes?

Let's make usecases:

John doesn't care at all about dvi, pdf is fine for him. He won't use
dvioutput, luatex will default to pdf mode, and his packages will adapt
to pdf output.

Bill wants a dvi output, he has certainly very good reasons to want it.
He uses dvioutput, luatex will be in dvi mode, and his packages will
adapt to dvi output.

What's wrong with it?
--
Elie