[luatex] ini files for TL 2009

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Sun Apr 19 15:37:41 CEST 2009

Am Sun, 19 Apr 2009 12:27:11 +0200 schrieb Elie Roux:

> Karl Berry a écrit :
>> Expecting a document change to
>> get the desired output format seems nonsensical to me.

> Good point. But they'll have to change inputenc for luainputenc anyway,
> so they'll definitely have to change their documents for LuaTeX, why not
> adding a \pdfoutput=0 or a \usepackage{dvioutput} too?

A lot of packages make a lot of efforts to detect the engine and the
output mode to allow you to process your documents with various
engines without changing them. And there are packages like ifpdf,
ifluatex, ifxetex to help to write document which can be used with
various engines. So it seems a bit nonsensical to load a restricting
package like dvioutput and I will certainly never do it. After all
there are cases e.g. when using pst-pdf where you want to process a
document in both modes.

--
Ulrike Fischer