[luatex] ini files for TL 2009

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sat Apr 18 11:29:56 CEST 2009

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:
> Elie Roux a écrit :
>> I think the point is to allow luatex to replace pdfetex as the default
>> engine... In this case you cannot provide unprefixed primitives by default.
>> [...]
>> - if he is like 90% of the users and doesn't want to change the files he
>> created years ago, he'll use pdftex (which is in fact LuaTeX without the
>> extra primitives), and won't load luatextra.sty, so his files won't be
>> broken.
>>
> Right, I overlooked that. Good point.

This is just a small point, but let me remind you that not enabling
the new luatex/aleph primitives does not make luatex be exactly the
same as pdftex.

There are bits of pdftex missing in luatex (like Heiko's utility
functions, \TeXXeT, tcx translations, mltex, src-specials), and
there are also new bits that are not related to primitives
that cannot be turned off (like utf-8 i/o, the larger \char
and \lccode etc. ranges, scanning of attr/dir keywords for boxes).

Best wishes,
Taco