[luatex] ini files for TL 2009

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Thu Apr 16 22:51:07 CEST 2009

Hi Élie,

Elie Roux a écrit :
> \catcode `\{=1
> \catcode `\}=2
> \directlua{tex.enableprimitives('', tex.extraprimitives('etex', 'pdftex'))}
> \catcode `\{=11
> \catcode `\}=11

You certainly mean 12, not 11? May I suggest the following formulation?

\begingroup \catcode`{1 \catcode`}2
\directlua{tex.enableprimitives('', tex.extraprimitives('etex', 'pdftex'))}
\endgroup

> At the beginning of the ini files is enough to make it work,

And I think it is just enough and we should add no more to the files (except if
babel changes to allow just-on-time loading of the patterns, which would allow
to skip loading them in the format).

> - should the omega and aleph primitives be enabled in the format?

I think it belongs to the macro packages: for now, your luatextra package, and
hopefully some day the LaTeX3 core.

> - should \luatexversion be enabled?

I also think it belongs to the macro packages: latest version of ifluatex.sty
does it. And every Plain or LaTeX packages which does anything related to LuaTeX
should load it anyway.

Thanks,
Manuel.