[luatex] Vital RTL issues in LuaTeX

وفا خلیقی vafakh9 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 10:43:31 CEST 2009

> \def\leftline#1{\hbox dir TLT to \hsize{#1\hss}}
> \def\rightline#1{\hbox dir TLT to \hsize{\hss#1}}

Yes, this is not that important as I said. Can be done in the macro level.

> > 2- numbers should be printed in the correct format
>
> First, somebody has to come up with a 100% correct definition of
> "correct format". For example, is "3.5" section five in chapter three,
> or section three in chapter five?

In RTL we read numbers from left to right (30=thirty), it is like English.
It is unfortunately a misunderstanding that in RTL numbers shoud be read or
written from right to left. Now section concept is diffrent

in Persian at least "5.3" is section five in chapter three.

I do not understand after all what you mean by the ``100% correct definition
of
"correct format"''.

> Second, this should be coded in a lua node processing step or as an
> otp (these still work).

I do not think so. But you are the developer and you have got the final say.
I am at least happy that you have accepted the issue.