[luatex] Vital RTL issues in LuaTeX

وفا خلیقی vafakh9 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 09:33:26 CEST 2009

> Sorry, but this gives me almost nothing to work with.

1- in xetex \rightine stands for \rightline and \leftline stands for
\leftline in RTL and LTR while in luatex \rightline stands for \leftline and
\leftline stands for \rightline in RTL.

2- In XeTex, if we declare the font, numbers are written in the correct
direction but in luatex numbers are written in the wrong direction. (see
attached file in this email.)

> First, this test file is not *etex*, but *xetex* input. Maybe you meant
> that earlier also, but please be more precise about these things, as
> etex and xetex  are quite different from eachother.

Right, but still xetex uses etex.

> Second, the font is not OpenType, it is an AAT font.

XB Zar is open type, it is not AAT.

> Third, it looks like the output relies on  font- or icu processing.
> I can't explain why the latin words are LR otherwise.

Let's look at at this way,:

1-\rightline should stand for \rightline and \leftline should stand for
\leftline

2- numbers should be printed in the correct format