[luatex] otf fonts (ligatures, cache, etc.)

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Thu Apr 9 06:03:11 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 06:01:23PM -0500, Karl Berry wrote:
>     In context there is a file call mtxrun.lua which can generate a list
>     of fonts in the system folder.
>
> The ideal is to be able to specify a system font without having to
> invoke anything beforehand.  That is what XeTeX supports, as I
> understand it.

XeTeX uses fontconfig, which may not be available on all systems by
default, and needs to be linked with the binary etc.
However, ConTeXt users don't usually invoke mxtrun scripts, they just
process the document with 'texexec' or 'context' scripts which takes
care of searching and caching fonts, we'd have some thing similar that
is invoked by otf package when loaded, may be it'd read fontconfig
configuration files for <dir> keywords, or simply hard code system font
directories (/usr/share/fonts and $HOME/.fonts on GNU/Linux).

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny