[luatex] otf fonts (ligatures, cache, etc.)

وفا خلیقی vafakh9 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 09:19:54 CEST 2009

> LuaTeX has no mechanism to find the system fonts,

I think in the past with ConTeXt one could use fonts in system fonts and
also space in the font name was not a problem.

>  It would also allow to automatically find the bold and italic variants of
> a font,

This also can be done in luafontspec, like when you say
\setmainfont[<opyions>]{font}, automatically luafontspec all that and there
is no need to declare the bold, italic and etc. I think it is noq possible
to modify fonstpec so that we can use it in LuaTeX.

I will do some work on it and post the result.