[luatex] otf fonts (ligatures, cache, etc.)

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Tue Apr 7 19:10:11 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 06:23:52PM +0200, Elie Roux wrote:
> Khaled Hosny a écrit :
>> Thanks, I isolated it too and got it to work with plain and simple LaTeX
>> documents, but I don't know much about LaTeX font handling to make it
>> usable. I'm not sure what do you mean by 'no feature' here.
>>

> The liga table for example. Does it work with your code?

Yup, I got init, medi, fina, liga, rlig, mark and mkmk to work, at least
those are the ones I tested. I used some thing like:

\font\arab=name:myfont:mode=node;script=arab;language=ara;+init;+medi;+fina;+liga;+rlig;+mark;+mkmk

Very verbose :) but it does work, and we can make sets of defaults so
that setting language and script is enough to get default features, as in
XeTeX but even better, in XeTeX you can't disable default features.

>> Do I assume that the package will be independent enough to work with either
>> implementation? That would be great.
>
> The luaotfload package will provide a way to get \font
> "MyFont.otf:+liga;+rlig" working for Plain and LaTeX, and will provide
> simple macros like \otfl at setfeature{smcp}. Another package (fontspec, or
> luafontspec) will provide the LaTeX interface that will call \font with
> the good options and the other macros, but these are two different
> things.

I see.

> I'm trying to get the first working now.

That is my point, we already have code that is working now.

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny