[luatex] otf fonts (ligatures, cache, etc.)

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Tue Apr 7 18:18:19 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 06:03:20PM +0200, Elie Roux wrote:
> Khaled Hosny a écrit :
>> Though, I'm not very keen to the idea of having to different OpenType
>> implementation. I know that OpenType is a complex ill-documented
>> standard, not to mention broken fonts, that it took ConTeXt team lots of
>> time and effort to come with a working implementation.
>> IMHO, it would have been better to save the effort of redoing all this
>> work from scratch, and better work on consolidating the code and making
>> sure it behaves well with LaTeX and plain, and providing a nice LaTeX
>> interface to it.
>>

> Any help is welcome! If you want to try to adapt ConTeXt otf code, I
> isolated some, I can give you a link to it. It works, but I can't get no
> feature working.

Thanks, I isolated it too and got it to work with plain and simple LaTeX
documents, but I don't know much about LaTeX font handling to make it
usable. I'm not sure what do you mean by 'no feature' here.

> For the LaTeX interface, this is an independant issue that I'll try to
> address with another package.

Do I assume that the package will be independent enough to work with either
implementation? That would be great.

Regards,
 Khaled

--