[luatex] bug in RTL typesetting?

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Thu Apr 2 12:28:09 CEST 2009

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 07:42:38AM +0200, Hartmut Henkel wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Apr 2009, ??? ????? wrote:
>
> > Yes, the equations should appear at the center.
>
> maybe, but now the it does the same as aleph. Needs thinking how it
> should be right...

I noted that. I think it should be affected only by \mathdir changes,
when \mathdir is TLT, I think the user expects math to be done the way
TeX usually does it. I checked FarsiTeX[1] and RyDArab[2] typeset
samples, and both put the equation in the middle of the page (in
FarsiTeX math is always LTR, while RyDArab can typeset RTL math as
well). I thought that equation number position should be swapped, but
FarsiTeX don't swap it, so I think it'd be better controlled at macro
level.

I think the current behaviour of TRT math is OK.

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny