[lltx] luaotfload-database.lua

Philipp Gesang Philipp.Gesang at alumni.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri May 24 12:21:56 CEST 2013

Hi Reinhard,

···<Datum: Friday, 24. May 2013>···<Von: Reinhard Kotucha>···

> I'm not familiar with the new version of luaotfload at all, but there
> is one thing which looks strange in luaotfload-database.lua at a first
> glance:
>
>     if os_type == "windows" or os_type == "msdos" then
>         --- ms platfom specific stuff
>         path_normalize = function (path)
>             path = stringgsub(path, '\\', '/')
>             path = stringlower(path)
>             path = stringgsub(path, '^/cygdrive/(%a)/', '%1:/')
>
> I assume that neither Windows nor MS-DOG are aware of /cygdrive.
>
> And as far as Cygwin is concerned, though it's clearly a Unix system,
> it makes sense to scan both, the standard Unix font directories
> (/usr/[local/]share/fonts) as well as /cygdrive/c/windows/fonts .
>
> It seems that only the latter is supported though Cygwin users expect
> that Unix font directories are supported in the first place.
>
> Admittedly, I looked into the code a few minutes ago for the first
> time and don't have enough time to investigate further today, but I
> think that it can't hurt to mention my observations.

the section you are referencing has been modified recently:

    https://github.com/lualatex/luaotfload/commit/635541532080e2b86d9cc28b85ad96d88e57b413

Cygwin should now be handled the same way as linux. Could you
check if the changes address your point and report back? The code
should be on CTAN in soon.

Thanks
Philipp