[lltx] Conflict with Miktex and the new oberdiek.luatex.lua

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu May 16 15:56:30 CEST 2013

Am Thu, 16 May 2013 15:31:20 +0200 schrieb Élie Roux:

>  >
>> Sure. But on the other side if you patch a file it doesn't do any
>> harm to patch it in a way that works with more then one version.
>> After all it is quite possible that some of the developers will need
>> to run tests with older binaries.
>
> Sure. Actually I thought I did this kind of test, but I didn't (maybe I
> sent Karl the wrong version)... Anyway, the other files shouldn't pose
> problems with old binaries, only this one. Maybe your version should be
> uploaded to MikTeX? Also, I was wondering: is what you're doing (taking
> texlive tree with MikTeX binary) something others might do?

Well yes, everyone can easily attach a tree. On the other side
texlive-dist is a very large tree, it will be searched before the
main tree of miktex and miktex will see everything: ini-files,
updmap.cfg etc. So this can affect formats, scripts, documentation,
font maps files ...

So I don't think it is a good idea to add this tree permantly to
miktex. But for tests it is fine.

But I have other trees with local files which I added to both
systems and use with both systems. This works fine. - But it is much
more confortable to add and remove a tree in miktex then in TeXLive.
I simply call initexmf --register-root=path/to/root and initexmf
--unregister-root=path/to/root.

> By the way, polyglossia won't work for French with LuaTeX < 0.76
> (because of node.end_of_math()).

As polyglossia until now didn't work for luatex at all I would say
that's not so problematic.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/