[lltx] luaotfload-database.lua

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Jun 3 13:01:34 CEST 2013

Am Sun, 2 Jun 2013 19:44:18 +0200 schrieb Philipp Gesang:

>> ;-). Actually I was thinking about a simple way to blacklist a
>> folder or a font. And when I worded it in this way I realized that
>> perhaps the blacklist configuration file could be used. Can one use
>> kpse-Variables and "Wildcards" in the blacklist configuration file?
>
> With the recent git you can now blacklist directories; testing
> appreciated.

I will do it, but not in the next few days.

> As to wildcards I’ll look into it, but not
> immediately. Maybe make a tracker item so I won’t forget.

Ditto.

>> As I wrote somewhere in the beginning I'm using fontconfig to avoid
>> clashed when using xelatex. On windows fontconfig comes with the
>> TeX-System. But miktex and texlive differ in the locations and the
>> naming for local configuration files:
>>
>> miktex uses  fontconfig/config/localfonts2.conf,
>> texlive as far as I can see fonts/conf/local.conf
>
> Would it make sense for the database to include those on Windows
> or do they just point to c:/windows/fonts?

localfonts2.conf is for real local configuration. The main
configuration managed by miktex is localfonts.conf. It contains
pointer to  c:/windows/fonts, a adobe reader folder, and the
fonts/type1, opentype and truetype folders in the various
texmf-trees.

miktex updates this conf-file if I add a tree. E.g. after I tested
the stix-fonts I found this in the conf-file:
<dir>F:\Install\Schriften\STIX\Fonts\stix-tds\fonts\type1</dir>

(But it doesn't seem to remove entries if I unregister a root).

In TeXlive I found a fonts.conf with some general settings. It
contains pointer to the system fonts folder and to opentype and
truetype folder in some texmf trees (but not to type1 folders as
with miktex). I don't know if this (or another) conf-file is changed
if one adds a tree somehow).

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/