[lltx] luatexbase-loader having problems with symbolic links

Philipp Gesang Philipp.Gesang at alumni.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Aug 16 23:20:43 CEST 2013

···<date: 2013-08-16, Friday>···<from: Wolfgang Jeltsch>···

> Hi,
>
> can you *please* look (again) at this bug report I sent on 3 August?

Hi Wolfgang,

this is a consequence of initializing kpathsea. Your example can
be condensed to:

  \documentclass {article}
  \usepackage {pkg1}
  \directlua {kpse.set_program_name "luatex"}
  \usepackage {pkg2}

  \begin{document} \ldots \end{document}

Once kpse is up, files in symlinked dirs aren’t resolved anymore.
Note that this is consistent with the behavior of kpsewhich. I
haven’t much experience with the kpse library. There is not much
to configure about it from within Luatex, and unless you are
willing to go at great lengths to reimplement all file locators
(like Context) it can’t be avoided.

Best,
Philipp