[lltx] luaotfload update

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Oct 6 14:40:51 CEST 2011

Am Thu, 6 Oct 2011 09:11:46 +0200 schrieb Ulrike Fischer:

>> Otherwise, XeTeX supports these features with its Unicode input
>> mapping feature -- what are the chances this could be written
>> with a Lua callback? It's a useful feature in itself, and the big
>> reason polyglossia is currently XeTeX-only.
>
> You could use a fea-file as a replacement, e.g. to implement  such
> ligatures.

This here seems to work.

\documentclass{article}
\begin{filecontents*}{tex-dash.fea}
languagesystem DFLT dflt ;
languagesystem latn dflt ;
feature tdas {
   sub hyphen hyphen hyphen by emdash;
   sub hyphen hyphen by endash;
} tdas ;
\end{filecontents*}

\usepackage{fontspec}
\setsansfont[FeatureFile=tex-dash.fea, RawFeature=+tdas]{Arial}
\setmainfont[FeatureFile=tex-dash.fea, RawFeature=+tdas]{Times New
Roman}

\begin{document}
 -- --- \sffamily -- ---
\end{document}

Comments:
1. You must delete the temp-arial-tex-dash.lua etc files in the
luatex-cache after you changed the fea-file or you won't see the
changes.

2. A bit surprisingly the ligatures seem to work with Renderer=Full
(Some month ago kerning features worked only with Renderer = Basic)

3. I'm not quite sure about the "languagesystem" declarations and if
something is missing in the feature file.

--
Ulrike Fischer