[lltx] Italic correction

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Fri Apr 1 15:12:13 CEST 2011

Am Fri, 1 Apr 2011 23:28:45 +1030 schrieb Will Robertson:

>>> Under current lualatex, we cat get some effect close to italic
>>> correction with "+itlc" option:
>>>
>>>    \setmainfont[ItalicFeatures={RawFeature=+itlc}]{Times New Roman}

>> Neat ;-).  That solves the one half of the problem. It would be
>> perhaps a good idea if fontspec would activate it by default for
>> lualatex.

> I haven't seen this before. Is it a faux font feature?

Yes.

J:\context-minimals\context\tex\texmf-context\tex\context\base>grep
itlc *.lua
font-dum.lua:table.insert(fonts.triggers,"itlc")
font-dum.lua:local function itlc(tfmdata,value)
font-dum.lua:fonts.initializers.base.otf.itlc = itlc
font-dum.lua:fonts.initializers.node.otf.itlc = itlc
font-ext.lua:table.insert(triggers,"itlc")
font-ext.lua:function initializers.common.itlc(tfmdata,value)
font-ext.lua:initializers.base.otf.itlc = initializers.common.itlc
font-ext.lua:initializers.node.otf.itlc = initializers.common.itlc
font-ext.lua:initializers.base.afm.itlc = initializers.common.itlc
font-ext.lua:initializers.node.afm.itlc = initializers.common.itlc

> If it should be loaded by default, then luaotfload is probably the better place for it.

But then it would be probably difficult to disable it again. Also
can luaotfload differ between italic and non-italic fonts? I have no
idea what the tag does when used with arbitrary fonts.

--
Ulrike Fischer