[lltx] [luatex] fontspec prevents hyphenation

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Mon Nov 22 14:02:31 CET 2010

Am 22.11.2010 13:22, schrieb Taco Hoekwater:

> The problematic case seems to be: a combination of a non-letter in one
> font, followed by a letter in another font. LuaTeX does not consider
> that a valid word start. I will add an item to the tracker database.

There's another problem with fontspec and hyphenation involving only
letters, but font switching, too.  You can find the (short) discussion
on lualatex-dev at
<URL:http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.lualatex.devel/556>.

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig

\documentclass[draft]{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage[width=2cm]{geometry}
\begin{document}
An  intere\textit{st}ing word.% no hyphenation

An intere{\itshape st\/}ing word.% hyphenated
\end{document}