[lltx] hyphenation problem with fontspec

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Fri Nov 12 15:40:29 CET 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 02:37:48PM +0100, Stephan Hennig wrote:
> Am 12.11.2010 14:01, schrieb Stephan Hennig:
>
> >\documentclass[draft]{article}
> >%\usepackage{fontspec}
> >\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> >\usepackage{lmodern}
>
> I just realize that uncommenting the fontspec-line the error doesn't
> exhibit.  In addition, the lines loading packages fontenc and
> lmodern have to be commented to exhibit the error.
>
> Best regards,
> Stephan Hennig
>

> \documentclass[draft]{article}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> %\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> %\usepackage{lmodern}
> \usepackage[width=2cm]{geometry}
> \begin{document}
> An  intere\textit{st}ing word.
>
> An intere{\itshape st\/}ing word.
> \end{document}

Comparing the nodes of each line, there is:

....\kern 0.0

bewtween e and s in the first line, and:

....\discretionary
.....\EU2/lmr/m/n/10 -

between r and e in the second line, the rest of the nodes are the same
ASFAICT.

PS. I used:

 \tracingoutput=1
 \tracingonline=1
 \showboxdepth=\maxdimen
 \showboxbreadth=\maxdimen

to get the node listing, by trial and error so I'm not sure if these are
the correct values to set.