[lltx] no bold with Linux Libertine O

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Thu Nov 11 17:25:16 CET 2010

Hi,

With everything from current TeX Live, using the following test file:

\documentclass[a4paper]{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\setmainfont[Ligatures=TeX]{Linux Libertine O}

\begin{document}
Blah \textbf{blah} blah \textit{blah} blah.
\end{document}

I get no bold and the following warning:

LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `EU2/LinuxLibertineO(0)/bx/n' undefined
(Font)              using `EU2/LinuxLibertineO(0)/m/n' instead on input line 6.

However, everything works just fine with XeLaTeX. My font name cache contains an
entry:

  {
   ["familyname"]="Linux Libertine O",
   ["filename"]={ "fxlb.otf", false },
   ["fontname"]="LinLibertineOB",
   ["fullname"]="Linux Libertine O Bold",
   ["names"]={
    ["family"]="Linux Libertine O",
    ["fullname"]="Linux Libertine O Bold",
    ["psname"]="LinLibertineOB",
    ["subfamily"]="Bold Regular",
   },
   ["size"]={},
   ["slant"]=0,
   ["weight"]=700,
   ["width"]=5,
  },

but my font cache directory has cache files for:

 temp-fxlbi.lua  temp-fxlri.lua  temp-fxlr.lua

only (note the lack of cache for fxlb).

Any idea, font gurus?

Thanks,
Manuel.