[lltx] problem with fontspec (luaotfload) & Libertine

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Fri Nov 5 04:24:45 CET 2010

Hi,

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{fontspec}
\setmainfont[Ligatures=TeX]{Linux Libertine O}

\begin{document}

Blabla.
\slshape bla

\end{document}

doesn't work with LuaTeX, but does work with XeLaTeX. It also works with LuaTeX
replacing \slshape with \itshape. The error is:

luaotfload | Updating the font names database:
luaotfload | Scanning TEXMF fonts...
luaotfload | Scanning OS fonts...
! Font \EU2/LinuxLibertineO(0)/m/it/10=name:Linux not loadable: metric data not
 found or bad.
<to be read again>
l.9 \slshape
             bla
?

luaotfload re-scans the fonts every time. The font is installed, since I can use
it with XeLaTeX. Attached is my otfl-names.lua file, zipped.

Thanks,
Manuel.