[lltx] [luaotfload] Default mode

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Fri May 21 14:37:20 CEST 2010

Currently, the default OpenType processing mode is the very limited
"base" mode, it is supposed to be faster than the more complete "node"
mode, but in practice the speed difference is unnoticeable. Since all
advanced OpenType features (any thing beyond good old TeX ligaturing)
doesn't work in "base" mode, I don't see much point of making it
default.

The only place where "base" is required is math, but I think it is
reasonable to ask users of OpenType math to set mode to "base", not the
other way around.

What do you think?