[lltx] getting up to speed

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Fri May 14 12:23:20 CEST 2010

Le 14/05/2010 12:15, Will Robertson a écrit :
> Q1:  Do I need TeX Live 2010-vintage LuaTeX to get the lualatex-dev packages working?
>      (If the answer to this is not "yes" then I'm in trouble.)
>      If so, what's the easiest way to do that?

Unless I'm mistaken, luaotfload does require a LuaTeX more recent than the one
in TL09. luatexbase is meant to be compatible with 0.25.4 (not sure if it really
makes sense, but now that it's done). Some features of luainputenc require a
recent LuaTeX too. Not sure about the others.

I think the easiest way to do that is to grab a luatex binary from luatex.org
and put it in your TL09's bin dir, assuming to installed a "vanilla" TL. If
you're using a TL from your distro's packages, the same should apply but there
is a risk that your package manager overwrites your binary later. OTOH, Debian
packages already include a fairly recent LuaTeX.

Of course, you may want to do a copy of your old luatex executable before, so
that you can switch between them if needed.

hth,
Manuel.