[lltx] luatexbase, luatextra etc.

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Tue May 11 00:40:49 CEST 2010

Le 10/05/2010 13:04, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard a écrit :
> Backward-incompatible changes are present in luatexbase's master. They are
> listed in at the beginning of the Changes file. We need to coordinate the
> migration to luatexbase's master: everyone should check the list of incompatible
> changes against his code and adapt it if necessary (or tell me if you think I
> was wrong to break compatibility on this point, so we can discuss it).
>
> The decision to migrate to luatexbase's master now or later is not mine. Please
> have a look at the Changes file and tell me if you are ready to do it now and
> want to delay it. If you want to do the transition now, Élie already did some
> adaptations in luatextra's master. Please be aware that more incompatible
> changes may be coming, but, as far as I'm concerned, I'll always keep you
> informed about them.

Well, to the best of my knowledge, everything's master is now compatible with
luatexbase's master. So, I've deleted the 0.1x branch in order to avoid confusion.

I suggest we put up a CTAN upload on Wednesday with the master of every package
(except maybe fontspec): TL 09 will be frozen at this point. Then, as soon as
TL2010 pretest images are available we can make an announcement about it on the
luatex list and hopefully get some "real users" to test things so we can fix
possible bugs before TL10 freezes for the DVD release.

Wdyt?

Manuel.